
Valentine's Day. I love my family every day, but it is nice to have a special day set aside as a national holiday to remember our loved ones. This year, I had planned on making it special for my husband and kids... and was completely surprised by what they did for me. The alarm clock went off earlier than usual, and Bill said, "Just stay in bed until I call you..." So, (twist my arm, why don't you) I slept an hour longer. Mary came in, and finally Bill gave me the "okay" to come downstairs. There they were, all three guys, holding cards, a heart box of chocolates, and "cupid corn" for me, and a Little Mermaid painting set and book for Mary. Then they each gave me and Mary a white tulip. It was so sweet! Bill had taken them out the day before, but had wanted to get us flowers that morning (because I'm known for running into them ahead of schedule if they are hiding in the house somewhere!). He then pulled out a dozen red roses for me. What a guy!!

Our tulips (which Bill knows I love - they are so pretty... and so Spring!).

Then the guys gave me this special list of reasons why they all love me. I love the couple of points added by the boys. This is going in my special box of cards... just for me. I love it... and I love them.

Then it was Mommy's turn... the kids had these awaiting them on the couch! They are called, "Ugly Dolls" - and for some reason, I couldn't resist. They are ugly... yet so cute and cuddly!


I wondered what the boys would think of them... and knew Mary would get a kick out of it. Usually, when one is excited it spreads rapidly through the other two - this time didn't prove
differently. They loved them. "Our very own monsters!" We sat down and read about each one, as they come with their individual names and stories attached.

Here they are: Grant with "OX" (check out his eyes), Ivan with "Big Toe" (funny, right?!), and Mary with "
Peaco." They love these things - sleep with them, play with them, tie their ears in knots...

Mary, showing her Valentine to Daddy...


Then we had a Valentine's Day breakfast with heart-shaped french toast!


Mary spent the afternoon using her new painting book from her brothers. She loves anything crafty, so this was a big hit with her!

That night, with pizza delivered and babysitter in place, we went out for dinner at Al Fresco, an Italian restaurant in downtown Ocean Springs. We brought our Valentines for each other, exchanged them, and then there was that little box on the table. I did not buy anything for Bill... not the plan this year. Cards. ...thought the plan was just cards! He obviously did not stick to the plan. He had bought me a beautiful silver and gold ring from James Avery with a Scripture reference engraved on the inside. It is Proverbs 18:22, which reads, "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the
Lord." Needless to say... pretty cool evening. We had a fun dinner and went out to see a very romantic movie - "UNDERWORLD" - you know, the vampire one?! Not so romantic, but it was his turn to pick. That could count as my gift to him, right?!

Hope "y'all" had a very Happy Valentine's Day!
1 comment:
We saw the same movie the night before V-day!! Also, my gift to him!! :) Funny!!
Post a Comment