
We did not get to the big
Biloxi parade as planned this year, because Mary had been sick. So, we had our own
Mardi Gras festivities at home. I dressed up the kids for some silly pictures, and that night, after dinner, we dug into a traditional King Cake. This year, Ivan found the "Baby Jesus" inside (see
last year's post for the meaning of all of this). Enjoy the pics... it's probably our final
Mardi Gras celebration on the Gulf Coast!

Mardi Gras Madness!!!

We did a quick "drive by" before the parade began, after picking up Ivan from school. Mommy just wanted a taste of the excitement... and then we headed home. It's such a crazy event - but so much fun to see the community come together. I mean this is HUGE down here! I love parades... I do. And the ones in Mississippi are more family friendly than in New Orleans, thankfully!

Digging into the King Cake... day #2 (nobody found the baby that first night!).
1 comment:
I love love love these pictures! It is so great being able to keep in touch!
Post a Comment