So, after talking with a friend, I began to panic (yes, I'm a huge MJ fan - the old stuff, that is) that Michael Jackson's on-screen (post death) concert would be sold out. After the kids were in bed, I ran off to the theater to make sure I could still get two tickets for me and my brother. We want to be there, opening night!I ran up and purchased two tickets. I then asked, "How early should we be here to get seats?" The gal behind the ticket counter asked, "Opening night?!" I said, "yes." Another guy came up to the computer and said, "You know, we can check and see how many tickets have actually been purchased, and that should give you an idea..." He proceeded to check on the computer screen and said, "Ohhhh." I was expecting the worst and asked, "How many... is it going to be packed?" He paused, looked up at me and said, "Two."
Guess we won't be camping out.
Seriously... I don't know the truth about his life... and don't generally approve of all he stood for. However, this guy - the King of Pop - had the world at his feet (when it came to entertainment) and NOBODY had purchased a ticket to see his concert that would never be... pretty sad.
1 comment:
Part of me thinks it's funny that you rushed out to get tickets to a show, and were the first one there. Part of me is surprised that you were the first one there. That makes no sense, except for in my own mind.
Hope it's a good show.
Post a Comment