Sunday, June 1, 2008

You can never be too prepared!

Hurricane season has officially begun... again. We made it through with flying colors last summer, and will be hoping that rings true again this year. The hurricane season runs from June 1st, through the end of November. That's longer than a Minnesota winter! I'm re-stocking my hurricane bin, as we've outgrown our stock from last year (diaper sizes, baby food, etc.).

We'll be getting our evacuation plan underway soon with the squadron wives, because if we do need to evacuate - our husbands fly those expensive jets right out of here. The wives, on the other hand, have to pack up, prepare the house for bad weather, grab the kids, and head North. I have always loved the excitement of an impending storm, but to be honest... I could do without these. I find it humorous, that besides the obvious concerns for our family's safety, I find myself worrying about the safety of our family scrapbooks and pictures! I'll definitely be testing the weight limit in our van.

2 comments:

Mommy Nee said...

Just think, this is probably the last time you'll ever have to worry about your house blowing away, at least from a hurricane. Those tornadoes are pretty fierce up in Minnesota this year! Hunker down and take care! we'll be praying for calm seas and clear skies down there...with just enough breeze to keep you cool!

Langford Family Blog said...

I sort of know the feeling. This week I packed up my emergency tornado kit and put it in the basement. Paul was giving me a hard time. Three days later the sirens went off and we had a tornado touch down less than a half mile from out house! Whew!

Jenn