Monday, August 13, 2007

I'd heard of spider crabs...

...but not crab spiders! I was trimming trees in our yard, and literally ran into this guy with my face. I ran to get my camera; shot it; then smashed it. I was sure this guy was armed and dangerous (aren't all bugs in the South?). Well... I looked the little guy up online and it turns out he's harmless. Still... I wasn't going to risk it!

4 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

WOW...who knew all your spiders would give you such good blog fodder. Nice photo! It sounds a little creepy where you guys are living! Not sure I could handle all the bugs...I don't remember them being that bad in Columbus, MS...of course that was pre children and I wasn't out in the yard as much.

Melissa Guay said...

Ewww YUCK!!! You know, all the pics of creepy crawly things on your blog have been giving me weird nightmares about spiders!

Maria the Great said...

honestly - you're hilarious. I'm sure I would have had a scream in there too!

Jodi said...

That is the nastiest thing I have EVER seen...