"Bubble Tea is a fun drink that people of all ages can enjoy. The only beverage you can drink and eat at the same time using an over sized straw to transport the pearls into your mouth, while drinking the drink. The curious little "bubbles" or "pearls" are actually balls of tapioca. Through a long cooking, caramelizing and cooling process, the balls become chewy and sweet and absorb the flavor of whatever drink they are served in. The drink originated in Taiwan and is traditionally served cold with a combination of brewed tea, ice and milk." Doesn't that sound fabulous?
Personally, I love my "bubbles" in a double-blended coffee drink. MMMMMMMM..... GOOD. And that texture thing? You'll get over it.

2 comments:
I think it is hysterical you went to MS to discover bubble tea...HELLO...the Asian influence is HUGE in WA in comparison to MS...Bubble Tea is everywhere...I love you my friend, but could the fact that you never noticed and you're now discovering it in MS make you anymore blonde (I can say that being one blonde to another).
I'm not a big fan either...it was a texture thing, I thought that the tapioca felt balls like eating raw oysters or slimy snot. I guess it's a goot thing we went out for coffee in WA and not tea. :)
Kathy,
I am glad that you have found a "sort of substitute" for your coffee infatuation BUT I don't get the whole bubble tea thing. I really don't like tapioca though so that would never do for me. When you come visit me I will take you to our newest coffee house- Forza. It is absolutely THE Best coffee around- and you know what a coffee snob I am. Hee hee.
Heather
Post a Comment