Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Swimming Lessons

Time for swimming lessons at our local YMCA!

This is Ivan's second session... Grant's first. They are just hilarious, and had me laughing... along with everyone else too. I think they are the most social in their class, as they are always right in the teacher's face with questions and "facts" that they already know (ha, ha) about swimming. Ivan, who is scared to go under, keeps telling the teacher, "You know, oh, excuse me teacher, you know... NO ONE can go under the deep water. No one. I KNOW THAT." "EXCUSE ME, TEACHER...." I think he made her aware of that fact a few times. Grant, a novice swimmer, kept standing up and walking over to me with excuses... "Ivan is splashing too hard; I have to go potty;" and my personal favorite, "Am I going to die?" I assured him that his teacher would see to it that he survived his first lesson.

We had rented "Finding Nemo" this week... the Disney cartoon about the little lost clown fish. Grant was standing in the water next to a little girl. I saw him glance at her and do a "double-take." He quickly looks for me and yells, "MOM! I FOUND NEMO!" Nemo was on the front of her swimsuit. : )
People are always asking if our boys are twins. This picture really made me see why they would wonder. Grant is really growing up, and it seems to lesson the gap in age between the two of them.
Grant, bravely blowing bubbles.
Overall, the first lesson was a success. However.... Mom and Mary have to sit on the side and brave the HEAT. It was 96 degrees and HUMID. Welcome to a Southern Summer, right? At one point, I looked at Mary, and she had sweat beads on her tiny nose. Boy is it hot down here.

No comments: