Friday, November 9, 2007

I think I can, I think I - WAHHHHHH!

We had just returned home from dropping Ivan off at Kindergarten this morning. I came in with Grant and Mary, set them down in the playroom, and went out to the van to grab the diaper bag. I walked back in to hear Mary crying, and Grant yelling, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I found Mary, on the floor, screaming, with a remote control train stuck to her head. Her hair was wound tightly into the gears - OUCH. It had stopped, but was so tight that I couldn't even wedge my fingers in between the vehicle and her scalp. I calmed her down and put her into the high chair. After some more tears and a little finagling, I was able to reverse the gears, slowly, and pull most of her hair back out. Grant was a little frightened by the whole episode, and probably won't do that again (I hope). Mary is fine and thankfully suffers no baldness, only a new phobia of trains. I was just glad that I didn't have to grab the scissors!

Kids - don't try this at home.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, Poor Mary. I am glad that her hair survived. I love the story about the Christmas photo session. I am kind of looking for something like that to happen here.

Emma Mae Robinson said...

This post and the family picture post are hilarious!!! You had Tim and I laughing out loud! Of course, if we were living it out we wouldn't be laughing so hard, but it sure is funny from this end!

Melissa Guay said...

Owwee, poor Mary! :( But it made me laugh that you still managed to make it into a photo-op - nice work. :))

Jane Anne said...

What a story! And, my 1st thought was that it was pretty awesome that you took the time in the middle of the crisis to document the moment with a photo. (Had to show that one to my hubby!)