Tuesday, January 22, 2008

35th Anniversary of Roe vs. Wade

Roe vs. Wade, a Supreme Court decision put into practice 35 years ago today, changed how our nation views the value of life. Abortion tragically became legal and over the years commonplace. I spoke with my mom today - she goes every year to the annual, "March for Life" at the state capitol in St. Paul, Minnesota. She said it was amazing to see the huge number of families, all there to show their support of the Pro-Life message. They were dedicated enough to bundle up their little ones and march together, even in the frigid temperatures today.

I have always been pro-life, having been raised in a Christian home. I always believed that life begins from the moment of conception... but it only became real to me when I had my miscarriage back in the Fall of 2001. I had written an article for a local MN paper, and thought I would share my story with you. Seems appropriate today. I still get choked up when I read this, as the emotions still tug at my heart. I remember wondering if we would ever be able to have children... ever. Now we are blessed with three. Three! God is so good.

7 comments:

Megan said...

And look at the wonderful little ones you have now. They are so cute and full of life.

Melissa Guay said...

Kathy, can you repost your article - it's too small to read, even when I click on it.

Kathy said...

Oops. Reposted... You should be able to read it now. Thanks, Melissa!

Jane Anne said...

Thanks for sharing the article with us! What a beautiful experience to get to see your baby. We lost our first baby through miscarraige at 9 weeks so your words brought back memories. I have learned so much since then. It is absolutely overwhelming to see how much God has blessed us since then. Thanks again for sharing- great article!

Anonymous said...

great post, kathy! thanks for sharing! jami

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I had a miscarriage too, in-between Jacob and Gavin. It was the most heartbreaking experience of my life and all of those emotions were brought back today as I read your article. I immediately was sobbing... SO well written!

Rachel said...

Oh Kathy that was so beautiful- I finally read it. I remember getting the email at work when you lost the baby. I had tears streaming down my face. It touched me then and it touched me again today. Thanks for posting.