Tuesday, January 22, 2008
A tragic time for one Air Force family
I've been reading my friend, Melynie's, posts about a recent tragedy this month in one of our Air Force family's lives. They were in a terrible car crash which killed the mother and two year old son, and left the father and six year old daughter with minor injuries. Every post has left my heart feeling broken and hoping that they were a family who knows the Lord. I don' t personally know them, but almost feel like I do through all of Mel's writings. The Air Force is a tight knit community as it is, so when you hear of something like this... it gets around fast. Lots of people are praying for this family. This latest post on her blog, had some words from our friend, Sherry, who attended the funeral. Her words hit me hard, reading the part about "a family of four split in half." I hadn't thought about how this family was exactly the same as my immediate family growing up. I was about 4 years older than my brother too. I can't help but look at my life and how much of it has been touched and enriched just by having a sibling to share it with. My brother, David, is one of my closest friends and is the person in my life with whom I have the sweetest memories of childhood. To see a family broken apart by something so tragic breaks my heart. I look at Mary, and wonder how that little girl is doing without her mother. I look at Bill and wonder how he would do with the kids if something like this ever happened to our family. I love how Melynie writes in one of her posts about life's "storms." All we can do through these storms is to trust that God has a plan in all of it. I am sure He does - He promises us that. "All things work together for good." I believe that. All things... even tragedies. Melynie, I'm praying for you too. Thank you for your encouraging posts during this difficult time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks, Kathy.
Post a Comment