Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Funny Boys

Ivan and Grant have been just cracking me up this week, with all of their antics. Tonight, we had what some might call a "topsy turvy" dinner. We just call it - breakfast for dinner. I was making pancakes and the boys were bored. So, I set them up with watercolor paints at the kitchen table and had Mary in her highchair next to me. After a little while, Grant said, "We're going to make hand prints, Mom." I said, "OK... just keep the paint on your paper, please." When I turned around, I found this. They said, "We decided to be zombies instead!" Once again... Scooby Doo on the brain. Grant's "funny" for the week:

This conversation took place as I took the kids through my favorite drive thru the other day - Coffee Fusion. Every once in a while, we'll go through and I will let them each pick a treat to munch on, while I indulge in my caffeinated beverage of choice. As we approached the window...

Grant said, "Mommy? I would like a macaroni donut, please." I was trying to figure out what he had said.

I repeated him, "A macaroni donut?"

He said, "Yes, you know, it's round... a cookie... they have them here." I was racking my brain trying to get this one (sometimes it's like a game - how quickly can you figure out what your 3 year old is saying to you?!).

I thought maybe he meant our local donut shop... "Tato Nut?"

"Nooooooo!... Macaroni DONUT!" pause.... frustration growing... "THEY HAVE THEM HERE!"

Oh help... please not a melt down. Then it came to me - Grant's most recent cookie discovery:
"White Chocolate Macadamia Nut?"

"Yes."

Whew.


Ivan's "funny" for the week:

Watching Scooby Doo (the episode affecting their brains above)... It's a setting where Scooby and the gang are in the Roman colliseum, about to be attacked by angry, spooky gladiators coming out from the shadows...

Grant: "What are those, Ivan?"

Ivan: "Those are ART MAJORS, Grant."

Me (with a chuckle): "You mean, 'Gladiators,' Ivan?"

Ivan: "Oh... yeah. GLADIATORS!"

Nice... what am I to think of this correlation?!!!

5 comments:

Emma Mae Robinson said...

HA HA HA! Art majors. You guys are scary you know, with all that crazy creativity!

Rachel said...

That takes talent to get Gladiators out of art majors... So cute! :)

Rachel said...

By the way... Love that you're so great at keeping up your blog!! If its been a few days, I can rely on a cute story from Fields Favorites. :) Who else has parents that fly in as the Clauses?????

Melissa Guay said...

LOL!! Love the art majors one, that's a crackup. :))))))

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I don't know if we've met, I got to your blog through Katie Owens'. We were together at Travis, but we moved about the same time to Nellis. Where are you guys? I am thinking of starting a blog, but don't even know where to start, yours looks really great, I could use some advice if you have any! :) My email is clair_de_lune8@hotmail.com.

Thanks a bunch! Cheers!
Kirsten Olman