I love footy pajamas, but our boys have not worn them in a long time. Grant grew out of them a lot quicker than Ivan, just because he wanted super hero pj's like his big brother. After many nights of them waking up and coming into our room complaining about how "freezing" they are, we have decided to get the footy pajamas again. I bought some for Grant first, and then Ivan jumped on the idea. I used to walk through stores and look at those in boys' sizes 5, 6, 7... and think, "Who's kids actually wear these in those sizes?!!!" Mine do.
Tonight, it was to my demise... I was down here scrapbooking when I heard Grant crying... then screaming, in the hallway upstairs. I went up and there he was; he'd made it all the way to the bathroom and couldn't get his pj's off to pee. My poor son - a prisoner in his own pajamas! I think tomorrow, we'll have pajama protocol and footy pajama pee drills. Hopefully tomorrow evening will go smoother in that arena.
4 comments:
If it is any consolation, my kids still wear them. They love them now that we are in Colorado and it gets cold at night. I have a feeling they will be wearing them for a long time. Sorry about the accidents, though.
I ADORE footy pj's!!! Even Hayley has been wearing them again. (for that matter, I have a pair too!!)
That is SO funny...Mckenna wore size 5 footie pj's last night for the first time since she was 2. I was at Carters and saw them up to size 7 and since she is always wearing socks and slippers to bed because her feet are cold I decided it was a good solution.
However, when I carried her to the potty at 11:30 I started rethinking their practicality. I think with a little practice they'll be okay.
I hope the 2nd night went a little easier with the footed pjs! Its been a while since we had some. I think the older 2 had some but we suspended wearing them because David was potty training and it was just too hard.
Post a Comment