I just added this song, "Elvira," by the Oak Ridge Boys to my playlist. I have memories of wearing a black wrap skirt of my mom's, that could twirl with the best of them. She would play this record, and I would dance around our old living room, on the green carpet, with the mirrored wall (it's been remodeled since, thankfully!). I remember stopping to sing the, "Giddy-up, Aooom ba-pah, oom ba-pah, mow mow.... HI HO SILVER, and AWAyyyyyY!" at the top of my lungs. I can't wait for Mary to be big enough to appreciate the pure joy of twirling. : ) Really... is there anything better as a little girl?
2 comments:
Wow Kathy, that's quite a visual. :) Seriously though, I love how they KNOW to twirl in a twirly skirt, you don't even have to TELL them, it's like it's in their genes or something!
You brought back a singing memory, not twirling...but I remember my Mom putting on the Debbie Boone record and singing "You Light Up My Life."
Post a Comment