I sat down for some "quiet time" with Ivan and Grant this weekend and had them draw our family. I cut the paper small enough, so I would have the option to insert them into their baby books (the first five years) on their "early artwork" pages. I thought these turned out great and were so funny too. I love to watch them concentrate and come up with ideas on their own, and I also enjoy "coaching" them when they ask questions or are not confident in their drawing abilities. Here are their little works of art!
Ivan - age 5 and a half:
"Daddy and Ivan and Grant all have lightening bolts on their shirts; Mommy and Mary have polka dots."
"Do you like Mary's bow, Mom?"

Grant - age 4 (almost!):
"Ivan has a really big head, Mom."
"We're the running potato family!" (after Ivan pointed out that his heads look like potatoes)
5 comments:
what budding artists! =)
So cute! Great idea! I will have to do this one night and then put them all together. Thanks for your sweet comments the other day! I so wish we lived closer to you. It would be so fun to get together and just visit. Thanks for the great idea!
What a great idea! Last week, David drew a picture of the family at the park. But, I love the idea of having the boys all do it at the same time!
What a good idea to put them in your baby book! I have all mine in a plastic container in the garage ;)
You're such a great blogger Kath!
Post a Comment