Sunday, July 22, 2007

This is Mississippi, not the Amazon!

I was in the house today when Bill says, "Hey Kath, come out here and see this huge horsefly I killed." This picture shows the horsefly. No biggie, right?


Are you ready for this? This is nasty.... this one takes after the horse more than the fly, in size anyway...

scroll down...

prepare yourselves...

Check this out. This horsefly was probably three inches in length, including wingspan. Imagine the bite you'd have from this guy! If I catch Mary attempting to eat one of these...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

kathy! that is the most disgusting thing ever - i'm impressed that you let your hand get that close to it! love your blog and your cute kiddos!
jami beukelman =)

Melissa Guay said...

holy moly, that is the freakiest thing I can even imagine...Bill is a brave man to tackle something that hideous! eek. :)
Melissa

Rachel said...

Eeeeewwwww!!! Reason 532 to move BACK to MN! ;)

Anonymous said...

Isn't that a locust? Yuck!

Jules

Anonymous said...

OK, OK... so we figured out this is a cicada... not a horsefly. It sure looks like one! Whatever it is... it's BIG.