Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ivan's first soccer game

Today was Ivan's first big game. He has practice every Tuesday and Thursday evening, and Bill usually takes both boys. Grant loves to watch and kick a soccer ball around with Bill on the sidelines. Today, we all went. Mary and I were his biggest cheerleaders (what can I say? I've still got it! ha, ha). It was fun to watch him and it was entertaining to see this normally confident and aggressive kid be so "kind" with the ball. Maybe it's difficult for a five year old to learn to "GET THE BALL" when we've been pounding "SHARE" into his little brain all this time. He is learning... as we all do. He made his first real goal today too, and boy was it exciting to see the look on his face. Triumph! Grant is just itching to play, but at 3 and a half, we didn't want to pay for a season of picking grass and playing in the dirt. I actually think he'd do great, but we'll wait till next season for him!

Our soccer star. This photo almost gives me a glimpse into his high school years... he looks so grown up to me. His smile cracks me up... not sure what that forced under bite is all about...


The Tigers

Grant and Mary - taking turns on Daddy's shoulders!




















GO, IVAN!









Ivan's cheerleaders - Mommy and Mary


I love this picture. It just shows how this morning was... Grant walking the sidelines; Mary crawling around with a soccer ball; and Bill giving Ivan a pep talk during halftime. It's my family, and I love it - each one of them.

I almost forgot one of the best things about today - a cool, brisk, FALL morning! Notice we are all actually wearing jeans! It didn't last long... the heat still made it's way in by the end of the game, but when we walked outside this morning to get everyone into the van, I was thanking the Lord for awesome weather. We've been longing for it down here!

3 comments:

Emma Mae Robinson said...

You are such a pretty cheerleader!! Can't wait to see you!

beukelman blog said...

way to go ivan! i'll miss seeing you this weekend, but so glad i can keep up to date with your blog! =) eat some ivanhoe's for me!

Melissa Guay said...

Oh wow, he looks SO grown up!!! Love those pictures!!