Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Eve

Like I said in the previous post... we've learned to be flexible, even during Christmastime! I had made a big lunch, so we decided to eat out before going to the candlelight service at our church on Christmas Eve. As we were going by it on the highway, I was glancing at the sign - one of those lit-up signs that blinks only part of a sentence at a time. We hadn't been sure if the service was at 5 or 6 p.m. I looked back and said, "Great! It's at six. Let's eat first and then head over to church." The only thing open that would have quick enough service was Applebee's. We finished eating, and headed over to church, with plenty of time to spare. Everything seemed to be going smoothly, until we arrived to find out that we'd missed the entire service! Bill went in with the boys to check... and came out with an amused look on his face, saying, "Great. We relied on our only family member who wears contacts to read the sign." (cringe) Oops. So... we drove around, looking at Christmas lights and singing Christmas carols together in the van instead.

And, as requested by Nana Carole, here are a few pictures of Mary in her Christmas dress.


Thank you for the dress, Mom. It was so cute on her! The Applebee's staff loved it.






No comments: