Friday, December 21, 2007

Laughing too hard?

Is there such a thing? Well, last night there seemed to be! My favorite time with our boys is bedtime. I love the time when they are winding down, all cleaned up and in their jammies, sitting on my lap and waiting for the story to begin. Sometimes, instead of reading, I just tell them stories. One of our new favorite things to do, is to play "20 questions." We turn out the lights and lay down together, and then take turns asking questions. We each answer them in turn, too. My question, at this particular moment was, "If you could go on any adventure, where would it be and why?" Ivan said he would take a rocket into outer space to meet aliens and astronauts. Grant piped up with, " I would swing from vines!" I asked, "Where? In the jungle?" He said, "Yep." I asked, "Sounds great - and why?" He started to laugh and yelled, "Because I could take all my clothes off!" Now... if any of you know Grant, he is often seen running around in his skivvies. It is not uncommon for us to hear, "MOM - Grant took off his pants again!" Or, just yesterday, I heard his little friend yelling, "Grant is MAK-ED!" (in his underwear). He says he is "wrestle man" and just would love it if I would let him live that way. OK... back to our story... After his funny answer, I said, "Yes, Grant, you are our underwear boy!" We all got the giggles; he laughed so hard that he got the hiccups and threw up on me.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So sweet!

Amy said...

If you have to clean up vomit, that is the best reason! Thanks for sharing. I needed a nice reminder that bedtime can and should be fun and sweet. Merry Christmas! What a sweet couple too in your Santa post.