It's still in a "trial period," but we are pretty confident that this stuff is warding off potential ear infections (which frequently run through our children). Ivan is on his second set of ear tubes, and Grant and Mary were close behind. My cousin, Jodi, is all about going the natural route for fixing any health problems. She suggested to me, a while back, to try garlic drops in our kids' ears. Sounds crazy? I thought so too. After another round of ear infections the first week of November, I was about to pull my hair out - tired of putting more antibiotics into my kids, and not getting any better solutions. So, off to the local whole foods store I went. I asked about garlic drops and they agreed - great for keeping ear infections at bay. The store owner brought me back to a shelf with the garlic drops and showed me "Wally's Ear Oil." It has garlic oil, plus a few other natural ingredients. She highly recommended it and has used it on her own children. I guess the garlic is great for attacking any bacteria that can sit in the ear canal. After almost 2 months of using these drops... we are still ear infection free. Two months is a long time for us. I put a few drops in each ear any time they get wet, or any time they start to get a cold. They don't seem to mind it either. Mary will lay there so nicely and just smile... it's actually pretty funny. So, if anyone else has hit "tilt" when it comes to ear infections - I would recommend this product. Thanks, Jodi. Adios to antibiotics!
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Ear Infections? Try "Wally's!"
It's still in a "trial period," but we are pretty confident that this stuff is warding off potential ear infections (which frequently run through our children). Ivan is on his second set of ear tubes, and Grant and Mary were close behind. My cousin, Jodi, is all about going the natural route for fixing any health problems. She suggested to me, a while back, to try garlic drops in our kids' ears. Sounds crazy? I thought so too. After another round of ear infections the first week of November, I was about to pull my hair out - tired of putting more antibiotics into my kids, and not getting any better solutions. So, off to the local whole foods store I went. I asked about garlic drops and they agreed - great for keeping ear infections at bay. The store owner brought me back to a shelf with the garlic drops and showed me "Wally's Ear Oil." It has garlic oil, plus a few other natural ingredients. She highly recommended it and has used it on her own children. I guess the garlic is great for attacking any bacteria that can sit in the ear canal. After almost 2 months of using these drops... we are still ear infection free. Two months is a long time for us. I put a few drops in each ear any time they get wet, or any time they start to get a cold. They don't seem to mind it either. Mary will lay there so nicely and just smile... it's actually pretty funny. So, if anyone else has hit "tilt" when it comes to ear infections - I would recommend this product. Thanks, Jodi. Adios to antibiotics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness... Jacob had ear infections CONSTANTLY until about a year ago. So good to know!
I've never tried this but have several friends who have and swear by it also. We haven't had a lot of issues with this but I will definately go this route when we do!
Post a Comment