Monday, December 3, 2007

Thanksgiving in California

Finally - got some pictures and some TIME to post them!
Manhattan Beach, CA. I love this place - lots of family memories here. I have a photo of me, as a baby, on this beach. We live on the Gulf Coast, but the Pacific is so much prettier - taller palm trees, bigger waves, etc. We didn't do Hollywood or Beverly Hills this time round. I had this picture in my head of getting to spend some time shopping (or window shopping) Rodeo Drive. You know - the complete dreamy vision of myself as Pretty Woman... then the dream turns into a bit of a nightmare with two boys running through Tiffany's and Mary pulling on my leg... hmmm... next visit perhaps. I did, however, get an afternoon with my brother in Studio City. I had to check out his place - completely torn apart because of the recently discovered black mold. YUCK. That totally stinks, Dave. Hope it's all coming together for you now! My Uncle Austin and Aunt Marilyn hosted Thanksgiving this year.
Thank you so much. I love you!
Here's our entire crew - Anderson/Irving relatives Grant - our lil' turkey!
My "big" cousins. I used to think Lisa was the coolest ever - I'd try to flip my hair like her and lick my lips (she had braces - I wanted those too). Ellen was always a cooler cheerleader than me - she had short skirts and was actually flexible. Love you guys - you are still pretty cool. : )
My dad and his brothers.
Ellen and I with our kids - on Manhattan Beach Pier.
Ivan and Grant enjoyed watching the surfers.
We met up with old friends, Chris and Julie Formes at the "Aquarium of the Pacific" one morning. How fun to meet each other's kids! Julie and I met back in 2000, while working at the frame shop at Laughlin AFB, in Del Rio, Texas. It was great to see you guys again.
I think this picture is hilarious - we are all staring at the stingrays and look so serious. No one is smiling in this picture. Check out the huge ray right in front of us!
The last night, we just hung out back at my aunt and uncle's place. It was so nice to reconnect with family, and with my cousins that I hadn't seen in years. Thanks for a wonderful reunion and see you all in FIVE, right?

4 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

I think you have more family at that reunion then I have spread across the entire US! Very cool, I'm jealous.

DeGaetano Dillies said...

You guys have such amazing adventures. Very cool. I like getting to see it all. I am glad to see 3 little ones hasn't slowed you down, Kathy. You look fantastic.
Jill

Melissa Guay said...

THANK YOU for the SoCal pictures! Makes me a little homesick! :( Looks like a great trip - that is a huge family!

Rachel said...

Palm trees are looking pretty good to me right now in the midst of all this snow!! Beautiful pics.