Here's a short description from the latest AFA (American Family Association) Action Alert:
"McDonald's has refused a request to remain neutral in the culture war, choosing to continue support of the homosexual agenda. AFA wrote McDonald's asking the company do two things:
McDonald's refused both requests. McDonald's donated $20,000 to NGLCC in exchange for membership in the NGLCC and a seat on the group's board of directors. The NGLCC lobbies Congress on a wide range of issues including the promotion of homosexual marriage. This boycott is not about hiring homosexuals, or homosexuals eating at McDonald's, or how homosexual employees are treated. It is about McDonald's, as a corporation, choosing to put the full weight of their corporation behind promoting the homosexual agenda, including homosexual marriage." |
I am very glad to say that Burger King (who's fries I despise, but will settle for in lieu of this) now carries apples as a choice for their kid meal. The one fruit my boys will eat!
Here's a link to World Net Daily's article describing the boycott at length:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=68672
This stuff just makes me so mad! It is the one reason (and many of you have asked me WHY?) I would think about homeschooling my kids. The public school systems are integrating homosexuality into classrooms across the nation. Yes, for all you down here in the "Bible Belt" (is there such a thing anymore?), it's here too. I interviewed the principal, the registrar lady, and a teacher at our local public elementary school. In Ocean Springs, Mississippi, it will be included in the language curriculum (and who knows what else) within four years - in the FIRST GRADE. Nice... my sons might think, "Girls have cooties! ... Oh, that must mean I'm gay!" For all of you who have your children in the public school systems - act now, or forever hold your peace! I say keep your kids in the schools and FIGHT this stuff, or pull them out and home school.
Wow... am I actually putting this all on my blog?
5 comments:
I agree about keeping your kids in the schools and keeping informed, fighting for Christian rights etc.. I don't think christian parents should feel they're horrible parents if they send their kids to public schools. The key is to stay involved and make yourself vocal. Also, keep open communication with your kids starting young. We have tough choices in today's world... We Christians have become too intimidated, too invisible. We need to be more brave- we have everything to lose. I could ramble on forever but speaking such things on your blog does just that. Keep being bold!
No more McFlurries for me!
(To be honest, since the inception of the Thin Mint Blizzard, I've been a DQ regular).
One of the main reasons I love being an American citizen---freedom.
Freedom of speech...and freedom to choose...freedom to raise your kids and to live your life. Some folks are not so fortunate.
I'm happy to say that I have not been asked to teach anything of the sort as a first grade teacher in Puyallup. We have to stay pretty neutral about any controversial topics... so we just stick to the curriculum.
We found out about the McD thing in February! We sat our girls down and explained that we would be eating no more McDonalds. We didn't go into great detail but we explained to them that they were supporting somethings that go against what Jesus would want. They are ok with it and have been quick to tell anyone eating Mcdonalds that they shouldn't!!! We sure live in a different world where you have to explain this stuff to your kids. Adina had a friend recently tell her girls could marry girls. It is hard to explain why people say it is ok, yet the bible says it is not. I think they will form their Christian voices younger though as a result, really wanting to WWJD. Maybe it will actually be something people think about more frequently. Anyhow, you go girl!!
Post a Comment