Friday, July 11, 2008
Update on our near future...
Would you believe that we STILL have no news on Palace Chase? It's amazing how long this stuff takes, even when you are manually making phone calls and pushing it along the way. As of yesterday, however, Bill was officially tasked for the four month deployment this Fall. So, if we don't get approved for the Guard transfer, he'll be on duty in Iraq beginning September 15th. As much as we don't look forward to the separation, we are confident that all will be OK! We've been trusting the Lord with this next year, as we try to do with everything... and are fine with what it holds, either way. If we don't get the Guard transfer and Bill has to deploy... I'm pretty sure it's for a good reason. And really... we have a wonderful squadron here; I'm registered for MOPS with some great friends; we have family that will visit and help us out; and Bill has promised to get me a housekeeper for the months he'd be gone. What more could I ask for in this situation?!!! Again... we'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are so much stronger than I would be. I can't imagine what you are going through. Our thoughts are with you.
Wish I still lived close to you to help you fill your calendar with playdates! I negotiated a cleaning lady, personal trainer and Jenny craig! :)...it helps to have something to be excited about!
Hope he can take some leave in the next two months and you have some good family time. If you plan any road trips in the fall you're welcome at our place!
Post a Comment