Sunday, July 27, 2008

Leslie is Home

My old Taylor roommate called me today to see if I had seen the latest post on her blog. So many of us have been praying for Leslie, who has been battling cancer for the last 10 months. Last night, Leslie went to be with her Lord. I had not realized how it would affect me, being that I never knew Leslie personally. But it hit me like a ton of bricks, to hear the news. I felt like I knew her, through each incredibly honest and humbling post she or her husband would write, and through the prayers I had said on her behalf. Please pray for Tyson and their two year old, TJ, as well as the rest of the family as they grieve for her and yet rejoice in the fact that she is not suffering anymore. I really don't know how anyone can go through the death of a loved one, without the hope of our Savior. How awesome that Leslie walked with the Lord during her 32 years, and is now in His presence for eternity.

5 comments:

katieowens said...

I've been following her blog too and am very surprised to hear that she has passed. It makes me just want to go hug Will and never let go. They were truly inspirational and I will keep praying for her family especially her husband and little boy.

Megan said...

I am so sorry for this. It's hard to hear of anyone passing let alone a mom of a young child. We are all praying for her husband and son.

beukelman blog said...

i couldn't agree more, kathy. i was bawling yesterday and never knew her either. so happy that her suffering and cancer is gone FOREVER!

Andrew John Prest said...

I am sorry to hear of your friends passing. Too many times I have seen wonderful people leave us at 32, yet our hope is in Him. We serve an Amazing God! May we all take stock and not take one day for granted. Live fully in His grace.

Melissa Guay said...

Wow, that was a powerful and moving story. We always pray for healing yet sometimes God doesn't....but it struck me that He ALWAYS heals, it's just whether or not the healing is on Earth or in Heaven. What a rejoicing she is having now with Him though.