The boys were up ahead of us on their bikes, and I was pushing Mary in her plastic "car" stroller (from your garage sale years ago, Heather!). As we were walking along, Bill and I were talking... when the stroller stopped and sounded like something was dragging under the wheel. All in an instant, Mary pulls her hand out from under the wheel and it is covered in blood - I couldn't even see the top of her finger, besides it looking a little disfigured. I scooped her up and headed home in a hurry, as Bill gathered the boys.
I put her finger under running water, and had to carefully push her fingernail (what is left of it) back into place. She'd torn the skin off her finger from the end joint, upward, and the nail was cut in half and open like a book. Sounds lovely, right? Poor thing. I took her to the ER, not knowing what to do with it.
She had an x-ray (I knew it wasn't a bone issue), and they looked at it, but said they would do nothing at her age. I like that they don't want to traumatize... but when they told me that it may never grow back... not so good. So, we're praying for her little fingernail to heal and re-grow. I think she'll be fine... She just may not have a hand modeling career in her future!
Here she is, enjoying her "sunny" pancake. Chocolate chips first, of course!
4 comments:
Who knew walks were so dangerous!
I hope Mary heals up fast!
Ouch! That sounds so painful. I LOVE the sunny pancake. Too cute!
Gavin lost his fingernail last year and it grew back really well. Hopefully Mary's will too! :)
Bless her little heart! I am sure it was just as hard on mom and dad. I know in our house blood makes everything MUCH worse. Glad to see she had a smile on her face the next morning and a mommy who can make her such pretty pancakes!
Post a Comment