As we travelled home from Nashville today, Bill received the news that his application and transition to the Guard was declined. We are fine with the news, even though it still is disappointing. This means... as we get ready for school to begin, we are pushing two birthday parties (Ivan who will be 6 and Mary will be 2) and our 9th anniversary all into the month of August. It will be a busy month, but our goal is to squeeze lots of fun memories in with "Daddy" before he leaves. Bill's deployment date is not officially set, but it will be sometime that first week of September.
Thank you to all who have been praying for this - it's always strange to have your life's decisions be made for you. At least I can rest in the fact that God is in control of it all - not just Uncle Sam.
7 comments:
Hey Kathy- I'm sorry everything didn't go how you guys would have liked it. Sometimes it's not so easy remembering that Gods plan, even when we aren't exactly excited about it, is always the best plan for our life!
You know you have lots of people here to help you out while Bills away!!
We'll be praying for Bill's safety while he's gone. And I'll be praying for your sanity while you are all alone, Kathy!
You are such a strong person, Kathy. I know you will be just fine. We are praying for Bill's safety and a speedy trip.
i'll be praying for a great august for you guys! hopefully his deployment will go fast, too!
Hey! I'm sorry that things turned out differently than you had hoped. I'll be praying for both of you and the kiddos. Do you do a prayer calendar while he is away? If so, please include us and let me know. You are welcome up here anytime you want a change of scenery. We could even make the short trip up to Taylor. Hope you have a wonderful time together this month! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Kathy!!! I love you. I'm praying for you my friend. I wish things would have worked out differently but it's awesome to know that the Lord is completely in charge. He knew long ago that this was how it was to be. Doesn't make it any easier but it's what you have to hang your hat on. You are so strong and such a good mommy. I know your friends down there will rally around you and support you and lift you up. I wish us Washingtonians could be there for you again.:) You are so missed, my friend!
Kathy- I am covering the upcoming deployment in my prayers. I am praying for your heart this month. Much love to you, my friend.
Post a Comment