Saturday, August 30, 2008

Evacuation at 0600 tomorrow.

We're outta here. We have full gas tanks, three extra filled gas cans, and trying to figure out what is irreplaceable to pack. We found a guy to board our windows and door for us tomorrow - so that makes me feel better about our home. Please pray for our traveling safety, our home's protection, and for Bill's sanity - he is the ONLY pilot going with 12 women, 2 cats, 2 dogs, and a multitude of children as we evacuate tomorrow morning to Birmingham. This will definitely be an adventure... the boys are looking forward to staying in a hotel with ALL of their friends at one time. : ) Thank you for your prayers. We'll be in touch, and will update as we get information.

Until then...

9 comments:

Marian said...

I heard rumors of a mandatory evacuation order from AF but no word yet. Then I got an email from the Medical Spouse's Group saying there is one tomorrow from 6am-6pm. Did you hear?

We plan to go tomorrow if we get orders...be safe and good luck!! Take Care!

Organized Chaos said...

We'll be praying for you guys. Glad that Bill gets to be with you guys instead of flying a plane.

Mama Z said...

Kathy we're praying for you!

Jane Anne said...

Prayin' for you, your sweet family and everyone that's evacuating.

Melissa Guay said...

Kathy, we will be praying for you and everyone evacuating...and for Bill's deployment and your sanity.

hayekclan said...

We will be praying for safe travels and Bill's deployment. We are staying put as of right now.

Rachel said...

Wow you're living adventures these days. We've been following this on the news and when I heard them mention Mississsippi I thought I better check out the blog. Sure enough... We are praying for safety. Glad the kids are excited. Love you and thinking about you.

Lovin' on my Boys said...

So glad to hear today that it wasn't as bad as originally thought... I hope everything is exactly how you left it. Praying for your family.

beukelman blog said...

praying for you and thinking of you!