Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We're home! This is the sight we drove up to this evening... all boarded up, and everything in it's place. Thank you for your prayers - we are safe, and our home was protected. We also are very TIRED (it was quite an adventure!). So... lots of stories and pictures to follow - at another time. We feel blessed and thankful that Hurricane Gustav ended up not being as strong as it threatened in our area. Now, we just have to get all of the boards OFF, and switch into deployment mode, as Bill leaves for Iraq this Sunday.

By the way, we think this would be a great photo to use when we put our house on the market next Spring!

5 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Oh Kathy... you still have your sweet sense of humor! Love the real estate photo!!! I am glad you are home safe and sound. I am keeping you in prayer this week. I will be praying for your strength and Bill's safety.

katieowens said...

So glad you guys are home safe. Enjoy your last few days with Bill!

Heather said...

Kathy- love the Real Estaste pic too- I am sure you will sell right away with the help of that lovely sight! :)
So happy that you are all safe and sound back at home and that Gustav did not damage as much as was expected. I will keep my prayers constant for you and Bill and the kids. Love you,
Heather

Megan said...

So glad you made it back to your house and all was well. We have Bill and you in our thoughts this week.

heather said...

I hope you left them up for Ike...Talk to you soon. Call us if you need anything!