Saturday, September 6, 2008

And we just took the boards off of our house!

See that arrow on Mississippi's Gulf Coast? That is where we live. Hanna passed us up, but Ike seems to be coming straight for us. Looks like New Orleans is not getting much of a break... and what hits there, will more than likely have great effects here again as well. We haven't heard official word yet, but unofficially, we will be evacuating again this week... probably on Thursday. When it rains - it pours! Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." ... even make it through TWO evacuations and a deployment all in the same month! Woohoo! Bring on that strength, Lord. Bring it ON. And with it could you please include: patience with my children as we stay in another hotel room for days, the sanity and encouragement to do this without Bill around, and once again - protection on our home. Amen!

4 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Praying for your sanity, strength and patience!

beukelman blog said...

praying for you in many ways! will you email me - i lost your email address!

Kobies said...

Hey Kath, We're praying for you guys through all of this!

Mama Z said...

Kathy wow hang in there -we'll be praying. I just read your comment about Ava's party - I hadn't yet but was going to leave you a commment to tell you the same thing about Mary's party! You did an amazing job - I loved all of the details. I actually had all the cute farm things picked out but was told I needed a more "girly" theme for Ava. Mai might still need a farm party. I love it!