And Mommy just feels good having these rooms DONE... I love the feeling of being organized (especially when I'm running this place solo for a while!).
Friday, September 12, 2008
Room Makeovers
We set a few house project goals to try and complete before Bill left. Two of those were finishing up some rooms! The first on my list was the playroom. This room is actually the first room you see when you walk in the front door - it is supposed to be the formal living room. But, to suit our needs, it's become the playroom. I was getting tired of the unorganized clutter from using my old college "yaffa blocks" for furniture, so we finally purchased some bins. This was our first Pottery Barn purchase ever, and we love them! They were really easy to assemble too, which made for a happy husband as well. Take a peek...

Here is my creative contribution to the room. I used an old IKEA (I miss that store) lamp base and made the shade. It was a cheap Wal-Mart shade. We stamped our entire family's handprints onto it and I added the braid and fringe. I think it turned out cute, but Bill calls it my "red light district" lamp (sigh)!
And, finally, we made Mary's room a little more "girly." She had been in a room with yellow and blue star wallpaper since we'd moved in. Bill installed the chair rail, and we painted the entire room. It actually looks a shade brighter in the pictures, not sure why... I am holding out on getting her new bedding and decor for when she upgrades to a big girl bed (which will be soon, as she's getting pretty crafty at climbing!). All three of our kids have used the same "Beatrix Potter" and plaid nursery decor - I just tailored it toward "blue" for the boys and now "pink" for Mary. It works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
The rooms look great. I like that idea for a light. It makes the room cozy!
Very jealous to see a finished room! I love the playroom...did you get the saying on the wall from Kohls? I was just looking at something like that the other day. I like the dark brown, too and the photograph of the kids.
Hope you're hanging in there, glad you don't have to evacuate again!
Love your rooms! Love the lamp! Let us know about that saying on the wall...too cute! I so wish you were closer so we could craft it up. Keep sharing all of your cool stuff. You are quite inspiring. I need to print out a big picture of the kiddos like that--just adorable! Love the color too.
Love it! I actually have 2 of those exact same lamps from Ikea and my whole house is filled with Pottery Barn stuff. I should own stock in that store based on how much I have purchased!
Looks great!
JL
I bought the saying at an "Uppercase Living" show! Fun stuff if you ever get a chance to go. The picture I did online at Walmart and picked it up at our local store that week - easy to do!
way to go, kathy! the rooms look great and so organized! love it!
bravo bravo!
Post a Comment