I wanted to post a few pictures that Bill has sent my way. He "
OK'd" these few for me to post. On his way, he was able to visit the St. Louis Arch - a little sightseeing before hitting the desert on his final stop. He's not really into photography, but I thought this one was a pretty neat shot!

And here he sits, in the rear end of a C-130... on his first of two flights over there. This was the first photo he emailed to me... A huge lump caught in my throat - he's on his way... for such a long time.

And here he is awaiting his next ride... in a passenger terminal in Qatar.

Almost looks like it's snowing! That is a dust storm... he said that he has to walk with a neck gaiter pulled up over his face to avoid breathing it in. Yuck.

Check it out!

This is a bunker for mortar attacks (which happen on a daily basis there - Iraqis trying to make money off of the terrorists). Behind that, you can see their cell blocks... where they sleep. There are trailers in there, somewhere...

Here's Bill with a hard-core weapon - a pellet gun! He was out shooting pigeons... something they do in their "spare" time so the birds don't ruin the airplane engines.

And, last but not least... a trashed
Mig. For those of you wondering what he does there - he's their safety guy. He works 12 hour days, six days a week... tracking events, creating spreadsheets, etc... a lot of busy work.

He informed me recently that he is completely blocked from viewing anything like our blog, which stinks... so I'm trying to keep him updated on our lives from day-to-day via email. I think the monotony of his days wear on him, so it's fun for him to see what the kids and I are up to every week. : ) Please continue to pray for his safety and for all of us at home as well. We're doing
ok... my mom is flying in on Wednesday and I am
soooo ready for some help.
7 comments:
I'm am glad all is going "well" for Bill. I think you are doing a great job. Keep it up and enjoy the help from you mom.
We're praying for you all. God bless Bill.
Thanks for sharing the pictures and update. 2 days and your mom will be there! Much love to you-
When Brad was deployed he had the same problem viewing the blog...he talke to the I.T. guy and was able to get on one specific computer about once a week where he could view my blog. There was also a "coffeehouse" (in a tent) where he could see the blog. Tell him to ask around or talk to the I.T. people
Yummy shrimp! Can i come for dinner the next time you stop by the shrimp guy? Hang in there till your mom gets there! Praying for you guys!
same problem in qatar...jim couldn't see it
my parents are in town too! HUGE help they are! Jim moved to Portland on Friday...he starts his new job tomorrow.
We need to set a playdate--Friday afternoons after school are best for us. whattabout you?
Great update. I bet it feels good to sort of know what his days are like. I can't imagine... The sleeping quarters?? Crazy.
Post a Comment