Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First day of school...

...and all of my kids are at home. After Mary's episode the other night, the boys both had their turns with fevers, stomach aches and diarrhea (yippee) ... but, thankfully, no vomiting! Anyway... to make a long story short, we took them in and had them all checked out. Ivan has an ear infection, Grant's ears were on the verge of one, and Mary is just teething and cranky (her version of cranky, anyway!). With the fevers and noses going... we were advised to keep them home today... and possibly tomorrow. I was so sad! The boys had to miss their first day of Kindergarten and Preschool . I was more disappointed than they were. I told them and it was a fleeting, "Oh, man." then... "Can we go play?" Sorry guys. We're taking it easy! After two days of stuffing their bellies with chicken noodle soup, watching videos and reading books... they seem to be on the mend. Hopefully, sometime today or tomorrow, I'll be happily posting about how cute they looked walking into school together. : ) In the meantime, enjoy these pics of our past week or so!


Here's little Mary, our aspiring artist, raiding the craft cabinet! Must be those fabulous genes being passed down...


Bill, after not being able to complete a "level" on Ivan's Spiderman game FOR FIVE YEAR OLDS, and Ivan just having said, "Dad... give it to me. I can do it for you." Hilarious.

Grant!

3 comments:

Megan said...

So sorry you had the bug. Glad to hear you are on the mend though. Those kids are too cute! I love that look on Bill's face. That is a keeper. That's one to be posted somewhere in the house. I have one where the girls were putting some play jewelry on Jeremiah and he was "showing it off". Gotta love those men of ours!

Jane Anne said...

I read your blog on Sunday and I was just wondering if Mary was feeling better. I hope everyone feels good soon! (I am glad they weren't too bummed about missing the first day of school. It is funny how milestones mean so much more to us as parents!)

Anonymous said...

gotta love the sticker tattoos!