Wednesday, September 5, 2007

We're well... and have begun our school year!

Ivan's first day of Kindergarten
Grant's first day of 3's Preschool Here we go!
Ivan said, "I can't wait to meet my new friends..."

Ivan - showing off his "hook"...
...and Grant hanging up his backpack. They were so cute and so proud of their "spots" at school - their hooks, chairs, etc... I loved watching them.

Mary was proud to see them off to school.
She applauds at the thought of taking her throne, as queen of the castle, while they are gone in the mornings!
It was a good first day. They both loved it. Of course, I almost shed a tear when Grant kissed me goodbye without even a second thought. They grow up so quickly! After school, Ivan said, "I had a fun, fun, VERY fun day, Mom." Grant said, "Me, too, and I like Miss Jackie, Mom." I asked Ivan what his teacher, Mrs. Drake, was like, and he replied, "She is BEAUTIFUL. Oh, and, Mom,.. I OBEYED her!" Good job, Ivan. : )

4 comments:

Rachel said...

How cute! So fun to have 2 little boys starting school. Nice break for mommy!! Glad they enjoyed their first days. :)

Anonymous said...

yes, they grow up so quickly! great to hear they are obeying though too.

Organized Chaos said...

They are all so cute. I'm sure you and Mary will enjoy your girl time!

Melissa Guay said...

oh my stars they are cute! Wow, what will you do with all your free time each day? :)