Saturday, September 15, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday, Mary!

Mary turned ONE on the 13th. We celebrated this past weekend with a "Mary had a little lamb" party. Mary has quite a collection of lambs, so it sure was easy to decorate! Our little birthday girl!One year ago...It's amazing how quickly the first year flies by... I got a little choked up thinking about that this past weekend. My baby girl will soon be a toddler. I am so thankful for the opportunity to stay home with my kids - I don't want to miss a minute of their little lives. But, it sure tugs a mother's heart strings to know how quickly they will grow up. Every milestone is so exciting, yet each marks a tiny bit of independence for them too. I was just talking to a friend today about how hard it is to "let go"... even at the age of one. Mary is cruising furniture, waving bye-bye, saying "ah-duh" (all done), giving high fives (thanks to Grandpa!), knows how to make cars "go" (probably by watching her brothers), can climb all the way upstairs to her room, and can pull her hair into her mouth and suck on it for entertainment. She is very sweet natured, rarely cries, and is a good eater. She is so funny and keeps all of us laughing. God has blessed each of us with this little girl and we are enjoying her so much. She has brought a little bit of sweetness and softness into our lives.I found a wonderful bakery, thanks to a friend of mine (Mary Kay). I brought in some pink gingham ribbon and asked for them to create a "lamb" cake... It was a work of art! They did a small one to match, for Mary to dig into. Sticking with the theme... I made lamb mints and lamb cookies. Mary's "funny face!Here we are - all five Fields.
Happy Birthday to you!
Time for cake!
Mary took her time to taste it - like a little lady.
She was so cute. Her hat fell off at one point and she looked so sad. She looked at her hat and then looked around for someone to put it back on her head. Once it was back on, she was all smiles again. "My hat!" - such a sad face!

Time for presents!
Our boys made a bear for her, with their voices inside saying, "I love you Mary! I love you, Mary!" She absolutely loves stuffed animals, so they thought it was great when she loved their gift. It was fun for them to actually be involved in making and picking out her gift too.
Mary, on her rocking horse from her Uncle Roper and Aunt Vonda. She likes to ride it (with help) ... but the horsey's biggest fan is Grant. He LOVES it. He will just sit and stare at it and pet it, like it is real. So cute.
Mary with her grandparents. We really appreciated you all making the trip. Thank you! Post party activities... beginning to build the kids' playset! The guys all pitched in (missed you, Dave!) and constructed the frame for the fort half of the swingset. Hopefully, it will be completed this coming weekend. Ivan and Grant can hardly wait!
It was a fun day, and after the party was over, our birthday girl took a long nap. Ivan and Grant were happy to test out her new toys, and we enjoyed the rest of our time with all of their grandparents in town.
Happy Birthday, Mary!

7 comments:

formesfamily said...

Hi Kathy! I've been waiting for Mary's First Birthday post! What a cute theme for her party- great job on the lamb cookies! Mary is adorable and I can't wait to see all you guys in a couple of months!

Rachel said...

How do you do it girl?? So incredibly cute!!! I loved how you showed her pic a year ago... The changes in one year are remarkable... and yes does tug at the heart strings. We've just got to keep enjoying all the moments- big and small. Good to talk to you yesterday.
Love you,
Rachel

Amy said...

Hey Kathy! It has been so fun to read about your family. Your children are adorable! What a fun and cute party! Have a great day! Amy

Organized Chaos said...

Crazy what a year does! I remember how big I thought Brooke was when I brought my 6 month old to see your newborn!

As I'm reading your post I'm recovering from a long day...on in which I admit I was probably wishing my children were older... thanks for helping me appreciate these days and how quickly they will go by.

As always...impressive party, down to the detail!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Big Girl. I love the family photo. Everyone looks so happy.

Melissa Guay said...

Happy Birthday Mary - where did that year go?!?!? She is just so adorable - love the "sad hat" picture. What a fun party - you are so good with the sweet details! :)

Jane Anne said...

What a great post!! I loved seeing all of the pictures. The party was precious and Mary is absolutely adorable.