
My cute husband has this crazy-fast hobby of riding his sport bike on the track. He loves this thing and loves SPEED (don't we all - come on, admit it!). This was his last weekend up at Barber - the track in Birmingham, Alabama. He wanted me to post his "accomplishments" (which only sport bike, or "crotch rocket," riders would probably recognize).
This is a detailed shot of how he melted the rubber on his tire all the way to the edge (meaning he was at quite an angle on those turns!).

And here, if you look closely, you can see that he was "
scrapin' some asphalt" with his knee puck on the way around a curve. Whew! I'm just thankful he didn't bite it. Really, I don't worry about him at all. I just pray he's safe and that he has a blast doing what he enjoys! It is fun for me to see him have fun. Nothing sexier than a man with a huge grin on his face.
And lastly, just for sentimental value, here is his track number. Its significance comes from his childhood... and carries a lot of family memories for him.

He has ridden now at Barber many times, and rode at a track while in Washington as well. We're still trying to find one in Minnesota, but he may have to go out of state there as well. There IS one in Wisconsin, so I'm sure his track drought won't last for long!
2 comments:
Bill I had no idea you were into bullet bikes. Come out to Salt Lake for the superbike race at the end of May. Nice riding. Keep in touch.
Chris Porter
I am pretty sure that there is one in Rosemount, Farmington, Hastings area up her?
Post a Comment