


On our way through town, I shot a few of the Ocean Springs landmarks that I'd been wanting to get pictures of before we move. Crooked Feather
This caboose sign is so charming as you cross over the I-90 bridge from Biloxi. I have a Christmas ornament of this to hang on our tree after we leave. I try to get a local ornament from every place we are stationed. Lots of memories on our tree each year!
I just love this boat. It sits in the Biloxi Bay, and is so old... and so pretty. I love shooting anything with an interesting texture to it. This is what I got from the truck window as we drove by. Sometime before we leave, I'd love to walk down and get more "detail" pictures. It's just lovely!
And this is where we ended up for dinner - one of our favorite seafood places in Gulfport. Afterwards, Bill and I stopped by Petland (getting ideas for a future family member) and BOPS for frozen custard.
It was a nice night - and just nice to be able to focus on each other during such a busy time in our lives. In light of a huge transition from active duty to civilian life and all the stresses that come with our bad economic conditions right now (not the best time to sell a home or look for a job!), we are clinging to this: Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
This caboose sign is so charming as you cross over the I-90 bridge from Biloxi. I have a Christmas ornament of this to hang on our tree after we leave. I try to get a local ornament from every place we are stationed. Lots of memories on our tree each year!
I just love this boat. It sits in the Biloxi Bay, and is so old... and so pretty. I love shooting anything with an interesting texture to it. This is what I got from the truck window as we drove by. Sometime before we leave, I'd love to walk down and get more "detail" pictures. It's just lovely!
And this is where we ended up for dinner - one of our favorite seafood places in Gulfport. Afterwards, Bill and I stopped by Petland (getting ideas for a future family member) and BOPS for frozen custard.
It was a nice night - and just nice to be able to focus on each other during such a busy time in our lives. In light of a huge transition from active duty to civilian life and all the stresses that come with our bad economic conditions right now (not the best time to sell a home or look for a job!), we are clinging to this: Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
3 comments:
Great pics and story as always! I'm glad you were able to get out and have a date night together.
Praying that your house sells quickly and that Bill finds a job soon. God has it under control.
Love ya!
Em
Date nights are great. Job's, houses for sale.? One great day at a time. Enjoy the moment even if you have to talk your self into it. It is all worth it.
love all the pictures! what a blessing that you were able to be in that area of the country for a while!
Post a Comment