Thursday, March 20, 2008

Amazing what a little color can do!

Well, shoot. I had some "before" shots to put on here and can't find them. They included some fabulous pictures of Bill under the sink as well. Anyway, since we recently found out that we'll be stickin' round these parts longer than we'd hoped, we have been on a mission to finish projects around the house. One of these (mine, mainly)... is to decorate. I hadn't done much and just needed some COLOR! Especially in our kitchen. So, Bill came home from work one day to find all of our cabinet hardware replaced, a new faucet set awaiting his installation, and a wife on a mission to find curtains the following day. A cafe rod, some cheap red panels (hemmed by yours truly with a no-sew iron on tape), and some left-over Dutch ribbon used as tie-backs (thanks, Mom!). I even filled in some of the ribbon with a red permanent marker to add a little "custom" color-coordination. So now, our "Dutch" kitchen has added red to it's blue and white decor. Ahhh, much better.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Good job! Love all the pictures!

The kid quotes are on the right, but you have to scroll down pretty far. It is under "labels." Sorry about that.

Have a wonderful Easter!

Rachel said...

Very lovely!!
Those tie-backs so remind me of your MN home kitchen.

beukelman blog said...

nice dutch touch! =) love the love stories about the boys a couple posts back - hilarious!

Kobies said...

Hey Kathy - Very cute and Crafty! I love the ribbon. Now I'll be taking blogging lessons and decorating lessons from you!