There were only four in the place (small pet store), so we picked the two prettiest ones and let them each choose the color they liked. Ivan chose the red one and Grant chose the blue one (whew!). On the way home, there were so many questions!!! I explained to them about the Beta, how they are referred to as Japanese Fighting Fish. Apparently, that was enough for Ivan. He named his, "Fighter." Grant initially named his, "Thomas, because he is blue!" I thought that was clever of him. Today, however, he decided to call him "Fishy." "I just would like to call him Fishy, not Thomas, Mom." Fishy it is.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Somethin's Fishy
There were only four in the place (small pet store), so we picked the two prettiest ones and let them each choose the color they liked. Ivan chose the red one and Grant chose the blue one (whew!). On the way home, there were so many questions!!! I explained to them about the Beta, how they are referred to as Japanese Fighting Fish. Apparently, that was enough for Ivan. He named his, "Fighter." Grant initially named his, "Thomas, because he is blue!" I thought that was clever of him. Today, however, he decided to call him "Fishy." "I just would like to call him Fishy, not Thomas, Mom." Fishy it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yay for fish. How fun for the boys. I love the way Mary is looking at her brothers in that picture. So cute.
We got a beta fish for Jacob when Gavin was born. We wanted him to have something special from Gavin, so there were no hard feelings. :) After two years and SEVERAL dropping the fish accidents, he is still alive!
How cute! Our first Beta lived for almost three years! What fun for all of you! I love their quotes. So sweet!
Very sweet! I have been avoiding the pet thing since we got here. It might be a fun distraction while Joseph is gone, though! :)
our beta is alive and kickin' after one and a half years..low maintenance..once in a while he looks catatonic
you go girl for knowing all the info on beta fish! i hope your 2 live long lives!
Love the names! I got a goldfish for Reese twice and both died. I finally gave up. Maybe beta's have longer life spans? Hope so... Very cute. :)
Post a Comment