Saturday, March 22, 2008

Let's go fly a kite!

Our Saturday morning was spent running errands, ending with a quick Wal-Mart stop to purchase some $1.00 kites. We picked up some extras and spent the afternoon flying Pokemon, Buzz Lightyear and Spiderman over the open lot by our friends', the Romans, home. The four boys had so much fun and loved running around in circles to keep their kites aloft. We amazingly made it through without any head-on collisions! ... one rope burn to the neck (Grant's), but that was the only injury. By the end, they were, "all worned out," as Grant would put it! Spring is definitely here, and it was fun to just be outside enjoying the nice weather.


Ivan - from the "I'm tired but want to keep flying my kite" position.
Grant - on the run!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I got some very 'fancy' kites at Costco last year for a lot more money than that and they were so complicated and bulky to get flying... The whole experience left Reese in tears and Wes bored. I think I'll go to Wal-Mart this year!

heather said...

The boys had (still having) so much fun with the kites! Really the best kite for this age. We had a big fancy one from Sam's last year. The boys got bored watching DAD fly it! :)