WHAT?!! No Chocolate???
(a woman scorned by the Easter Bunny is never pretty)
Happy Easter!

Before they were hidden...

Hugs and Kisses!
Today is Easter. We had a pretty relaxing morning. The boys were up a couple of times during the night, due to the anticipation of finding their baskets this morning. Apparently, we are the only family on earth that actually hides their baskets on Easter morning... not eggs. Honestly, I can't imagine having another egg hunt as we've already been to THREE. We even had more opportunities than that this year. The kids have plastic eggs and candy practically coming out of their ears. Our tradition is to hide the baskets the night before, so everything is ready the following morning. They love to search for their baskets and help each other along the way. Mary's was pretty obvious this year, but was still the last one found! I was able to get away without giving her any candy yet... although, I think I saw a fleeting look of disappointment when she opened her empty "filler" eggs. Maybe next year, Mary!
(a woman scorned by the Easter Bunny is never pretty)

Happy Easter!

Before they were hidden...

Hugs and Kisses!
Today is Easter. We had a pretty relaxing morning. The boys were up a couple of times during the night, due to the anticipation of finding their baskets this morning. Apparently, we are the only family on earth that actually hides their baskets on Easter morning... not eggs. Honestly, I can't imagine having another egg hunt as we've already been to THREE. We even had more opportunities than that this year. The kids have plastic eggs and candy practically coming out of their ears. Our tradition is to hide the baskets the night before, so everything is ready the following morning. They love to search for their baskets and help each other along the way. Mary's was pretty obvious this year, but was still the last one found! I was able to get away without giving her any candy yet... although, I think I saw a fleeting look of disappointment when she opened her empty "filler" eggs. Maybe next year, Mary!After the baskets were found, we ate breakfast and got ready for church. Some friends of ours tried out our church today, and the boys were so excited to each have a "guest" to take to their Sunday School classes. Then we had lunch at Applebee's with another couple and their little girl... and headed home. All three are napping right now (the boys are "resting"), Bill is working on a bike rack for Ivan and Grant, and I am sipping my coffee and trying to catch up on photos a little bit. We will be grilling hamburgers for dinner - it's a little windy today, but still sunny and beautiful. Much like I imagine the resurrection day must have been!
8 comments:
Your family is just beautiful!! I love Mary's expression!
I'll give you the CD of easter hunt pictures tomorrow!
I love you blog! and did I say this already....thank you for inspiring me to create one!!!
Happy Easter. I love that family picture. You all look great and happy.
So jealous that you managed a family picture! No such luck here. You're kids pose really well for group pictures, lucky!
Hello Kathy,
I love your Easter pictures! Your kids look wonderful. Mary's expression is very cute.
You guys always look like you're having so much. In some of these pics Ivan is the spitting image of Bill!
Kathy! How are you my friend? I miss you. Your kiddies all look so cute! I love you and miss you!
Mary's bow is the most adorable one I've seen!! Leave it to a mother of no girls to notice that. :) And those baskets are just beautiful... I am sure you painted them didn't you? BEAUTIFUL family portrait (write a book on how you do that please).
Post a Comment