Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April showers bring May flowers?

Not on the Gulf Coast! February showers bring flowers by the end of March! I actually took these pictures a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to remember some of the wildflowers that grow 'round these parts... These little purple flowers line the streets and highways.


These flowering vines lace the wooded areas. I noticed them last year, but missed taking a photograph of them. They don't stick around for long and were so pretty...

And, last but not least, the Wisteria... "Wisteria Lane" must be in the south. I know, I know... I am not an avid "Desperate Housewives" watcher, but we have this flower everywhere. It crawls like a vine as well, and you can find it hanging out of trees over the roads and in people's yards. I'm amazed at God's creativity in flowers... He must have really enjoyed creating each one in such detail...
Matthew 6:29 "Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok so just rub in your good weather why don't you! Actually, I can say that in total fun now that we too are experiencing good weather. Finally!
You're a great blogger Kath, so consistent and so good at catching the details of life. You're right, we have an awesome God who created all things massive as well as the minute details of various flowers. What an awesome God we serve!!!

Kobies said...

Something to look forward to for us Northerners. I wish I your blog was scratch n sniff! Well. . . for this post, maybe not the 'amphibian' posts.

Megan said...

Those pictures could be stamps. They are very beautiful.

Amy said...

Any chance you have Confederate Jasmine? That is what they called it in Charleston. How long will you guys be there? Thanks for the great pictures!