Uncle Roper and Aunt Vonda gave these to the boys to paint. They are outlined cartoon scenes - one is a firefighting scene, and the other is a motocross scene. Ivan almost finished his - it did take a while to try and stay in the lines with a paintbrush. He looked over at Grant's and said, "Mom, Grant's isn't very good, is it?"

Can't you tell this is a motocross scene below? Grant's 4 year old patience isn't quite where Ivan's is yet... so, he resorted to abstract art. I actually like it! The funniest part was that as he painted, he was mumbling to himself, almost like a little chant, "I am an artist; I am an artist; I am an artist." He does seem to have an eye for color! Of course I would be proud if there was another art major in the family! I just love seeing how their unique personalities came through. Each enjoys painting - from a completely different approach.

I wanted to document the boys' most recent LEGO creations as well. They both came up with these on their own. Here is Ivan's machine gun:

And Grant's #4, because he's four!

Mary likes the
Aquadoodle. She'll draw for a while, stand up and run around on it, suck on the water pen, roll around, then sit down and doodle some more. Mommy likes this, because there is NO mess.
Everyone's happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment