

Ivan and Grant were both supposed to ride in this today, but Grant is recovering from a fever. He, however, was very happy to watch Ivan ride. Grant took his place as referee in one corner - cheering on his big brother and yelling at him to ride faster too (what are brothers for, right?!). They began with a quick reminder of why the kids were riding, and a prayer for St. Jude's and all the children fighting the battle against cancer. Then they all grabbed their bikes, and did laps around the school playground for 30 minutes.

Ivan is a very determined rider. He kept saying, "It's a race, Mom." I had to remind him, several times, that it was NOT a race. One mother asked, "Is he like this, just GO full speed ahead, with everything in life?" I said, "Yes... since birth." That's our kid. Everything is 100% and as much as he's got! I overheard another lady say, "I'd be surprised if that kids makes it past the age of 7!" Ivan's competitive nature is definitely evident!

Passing on the left! The boys were all pretty competitive in their biking. The girls, were much more laid back, just riding along together... enjoying the scenery and task at hand. One boy, saw Ivan about to pass him, threw his bike to the side and started to run! And this is kindergarten!

This corner's good, Mom!

I love the kid crashing into the playhouse in the background. It was pretty humorous, actually - quite a few crashes, but thankfully no injuries! Lots of kids ran directly into the fence, and Ivan ran into a brick wall. He thought that was pretty funny.

The school playground is perfect for toddlers, so Mary was feeling pretty proud at being able to climb up and go down the slides all by herself! I was proud too... it's moments like these when you realize that your baby is growing up so quickly (sniff!).

The tired out kindergarten class (with Grant in the middle!). Great job, guys!
3 comments:
So cute! Taylathon is in his future! Boy, he and Henry would make quite a pair! Thanks for all the pictures. It is always so fun to see. What a great event for that age!
I can't believe all the kids in flip flops! No wonder they were running into things! :p
how fun! you got some great pics!
i was out soliciting items for the silent auction for the bacot mc carty foundation. we need to take the boys to national seashore park to ride their bikes! i can't believe how fast mary is growing
Post a Comment