
My husband loves riding his motorcycle. Last weekend, he went up the the Barber Raceway in Birmingham, Alabama to watch the Honda Superbike Classic races. This weekend, he drove up there to ride the track himself, with
NESBA. He called me at 6:20 this morning, asking me for his VIN# and license plate #... his bike had been stolen off the back of his truck, in the hotel parking lot. I could only find one of the two documents he needed in our files... and then remembered that as he left, I'd taken a close up shot of the back of his bike (he now has a new appreciation for my photography obsession!). I've never really had anything like that stolen before, but it is a strange, strange feeling. It lies somewhere between feeling violated and in complete disbelief! It's just so sad that there are people out there that do this kind of thing... and that we can't be so trusting. Thankfully it is insured, and I'm just glad he's home, in one piece, with or without his bike.
7 comments:
Oh, that's terrible, Kathy. I am so sorry about the bike. Glad your hubby got home safe!
That is just so wrong! I'm so sorry to hear that happened. I went to a BBQ last night and one of the woman's husband had just bought a brand new ATV and was stolen right outside of their house!! not insured yet :(
Bill must be so upset. :(
How aweful. So sorry this happened. At least Bill is ok and the bike was only stolen and the truck wasn't vandalized.
how horrible. hopefully it won't be long until he can get a new one!
Bummer!!! So sorry to hear that. Can't believe the nerve of people!!! Wouldn't it be great to have a billboard on a major highway with a big picture of the bike that says "This was stolen, if you see it call 555-1234?". Its a helpless feeling I bet. At least it was isured.
That really stinks! I understand your frustration. Had my car stolen years ago! Glad it was insured at that Bill got home safe and sound. I am sure he is BUMMED out!
I really like the new look on the Blog! looks great!
Hey Bill and Kathy!
I don't know if you remember but in 2004, Matt totalled out a motorcycle while at Sturgis. He couldn't fly for a year, due to head injuries or work at all for 2 months due to body injuries. When I saw "Bike incident" I thought for sure something similar had happened to your family. Really sorry about the bike, but when you think what it could have been.... I am thankful. And yes, Matt STILL rides!!! Love to all! Karrah
Post a Comment