We picked up our first turtle of the season, from the road last Thursday. He has lovingly been co-named by the boys, "Speedy (Grant thought it was funny, because he is not speedy) Cutie" (because Ivan thinks he's soooooo cute). I tossed him into a bucket, and he waited in the garage for us to return home from school. The boys could hardly wait to see him. They put him into a shallow bin, and headed out back to give him some water from the hose. I walked over with Mary... The boys were leaning over him saying, "Do you think he'll bite?" ..."I don't think so" ..."You pick him up first." When, all at once, Mary bent over, grabbed him in one hand, stood up and checked him out face-to-face, and then THREW him! She had this expression almost like, "Yuck! What was that?!" The boys about fell over laughing, and Ivan said, "Well, SHE'S not afraid to touch him!" Gotta love the joys of innocent wonder!
5 comments:
Mary - you go girl!
Turtles I can handle. You brought back some memories of my childhood. Frogs...I am still inspired to get Jonathan's frog but I haven't done it yet. Need to make that a priority. BTW- You are SUCH a fun mom!
I love all your animal adventures! It really makes me eager for warm weather. Today is gloomy and in the 30's. Its been such a looooong winter this year- much like what we had growing up. I guess we've gotten spoiled last several years. Anyway, you do such a great job blogging. Can't wait till we have some 'pets' of our own to share. :)
Awesome family pic by the way!! Loved the gorilla too.
Wow Kathy, I love the fact that you have 18 pets that are all rescued and are all reptiles. Are you guys going to turn into one of those weird reptile sanctuaries that seem to be all over the south? I always wondered how those got started. . .
Becki, Becki, Becki... we have only 1 reptile and 17 amphibians! Not a sanctuary yet...
Post a Comment