Tuesday, April 22, 2008
That's what little boys are made of!
Frogs, snails, and puppy dog tails... lizards, spiders, and weird bugs too! Mississippi definitely has a lot to offer for little boys' outdoor interests. They love all of the creatures we find in the yard. This picture makes me laugh - it looks like Grant has a green nose, or an olive on his thumb - it's a tree frog! Ivan is trying not to drop his lizard. We have found this same lizard, in the same spot on our house, four times now.


Grant and I found this spider - now only if the military could copy this version of camouflage!
Or this! How amazing is this moth? I found him by some leaves on our driveway, and almost kicked him aside... realizing that he was a living thing! Ivan was so cute. He came inside and asked me if we had any clothes that he or Grant or Mary had grown out of. I said that I wasn't sure, because I'd just been to Goodwill. I asked, "Why?" He replied, "Well, we really need to feed our moth."
"Wheeee!" is what I heard from the pool. This was Grant's idea. Click on it to see... he gave the lizard a ride on a toad (found earlier on). It was actually pretty funny, as the toad just kept swimming and the lizard seemed to enjoy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment