
Today was the kindergarten/preschool annual LUAU! It was so much fun and actually well-planned and relaxed, considering there were children running around everywhere! I gave me and Mary matching hairdo's with braids and tropical flower
hair clips. : ) It is fun to do the "girl stuff" with her! Bill took this before we left home...

And... here we are at the party! When I got there, Grant's teacher had some extra
Hawaiian apparel, so I was decked out with a pretty lei and wrap skirt.

As we pulled out the boxes to decorate the area, we found a tiny grass skirt - just Mary's size! She wore that thing for the entire 2.5 hours we were there. She loves to dress up - I thought she made the cutest little hula girl. I am biased, of course!


Grant's class came out earlier in the morning. Here he is playing one of the games - Jump over the Shark!

My official station was the face-painting booth. I tell you what, maybe I can make a "go" of this. At the end of the party, another mom asked me if I offer my services elsewhere. I am now going to be
face painting for a
VBS luau this summer! I do enjoy it, and it is so funny sometimes. It's like painting moving targets - some of these kids are so full of wiggles. : )

Grant wanted "green sunglasses" on his cheek! I painted an array of flip-flops,
sun shines, palm trees,
tiki masks, starfish, fish, tropical flowers... very fun!

Mary stayed busy the entire time. One of her favorites was the sandbox, which they had filled with seashells, starfish, clams, etc. She also loved the bubble machine and wagon rides.

I had to get a replacement face-painter for a while, so I could retreat into the classroom for Ivan's kindergarten party time. The table was decorated so cute!

The festive kindergarten room!

Mary enjoyed eating at the little siblings' table.

The interior of the school was also decorated. Marian, you did a GREAT job!

Then it was time for Grant's class party.

The 3 year old classroom

"Smile, Grant!"... "No, a real smile, honey." ... this is all I could get out of him today!

Ivan's affection for his little sister has been really fun to watch lately. He is just growing to love her so much. When it was the kindergarten's turn to come outside for the luau, he followed her around for the first 5-10 minutes. I love seeing my children love each other.

The kindergarten boys all wanted
tiki masks painted on themselves! Cute bunch of boys.

It was a very fun day... very tropical, very fun, and we had perfect weather too, which made it just great. We love this little school. I feel like we found a little diamond of a place down here. They love our kids and certainly love the Lord. What more could I ask for?
2 comments:
WOW! They really go all out!! LOVE LOVE LOVE all the cute pics. You and Mary are just adorable together. And yes, you do have a future in face painting. :)
i just saw this post! how did i miss it?!? great photos! it was really a fun day!! thank YOU for all your help!! face painting was a huge hit!! i asked marcie to talk to you about face painting at VBS--- you are SOOOOOOOOOOOO talented!!!
Post a Comment