
One of the boys' favorite meals is a "toothpick meal" - where I cut everything up into bite-sized pieces and they get to stab and eat the entire meal off of a toothpick. Tonight, I served peas... Mary loves them; Ivan and Grant hate them. I always hear words like, "Disgusting" or "Yucky," and a lot of, "
Oh's" and "
Ughhhh's...." as well. After the usual comments around the table, I said, "But wait! This is going to be FUN... take your toothpick, stab as many as you can, and they try to pull them all into your mouth with your teeth!"
Grant finished his peas. Ivan still needed a little more convincing, but ate his as well! SCORE ONE for mom!
2 comments:
Now THAT is a great idea, especially for boys, I think! You are so creative!
way to go, mom! great idea! =) i'll try it out and see if i can have some success, too! love the picture of the speared peas!
Post a Comment