Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pascagoula Beach Park

Today was a great start to summer - hitting our favorite park and splash pad in Pascagoula. We were the first ones there (we met up with a few moms and kids from Ivan's class), so we spent some time on the playground first.
I love this picture of the boys, even though it looks like Grant really needs a trip to the potty!Mary looks so old to me in this picture. I can't believe that she'll be two this fall. Me and my kids... enjoying the sunshine. I did something pretty stupid - I put sunscreen on all three of them, but forgot myself. You can probably imagine what my back looks like...Mary was a little hesitant at first, but loved to run around in the water after a while! You can see Ivan in the back, with his buddy, Patrick.Grant thought this was just hilarious...Look, Grandma! My new swimming suit fits - just right! Thank you!This wave sculpture was put in, just one year after Hurricane Katrina, on August 29, 2006. The storm hit the coast in 2005, on Ivan's 3rd birthday. My cute and pregnant friend, Marian!They are finally rebuilding many of the piers that had been destroyed by Katrina. Does anyone else think this is ugly? I do. Why waste money on something so unattractive? What IS that wall thing?

1 comment:

Marian said...

I just saw this late entry and my pilates ball belly!

That was a fun morning!

That wall thing is a pier fence--theoretically when they lock up the pier in the evening, people won't climb over it. It does look bizarre, but it's better than some boring rectangular ones I've seen.

Can't wait 'till the splash pad at Clay Boyd park opens here in OS.

We need to have a playdate at St. Andrews pool!