Friday, May 16, 2008

Good deployment news?

Well, here's the deal. We'll get final word on Monday, but apparently the 6 month deployment to Iraq, plus 2 months training, has been completely dropped. So, we are greatly relieved! However, there is tasking for a wing safety guy to go, but for 4 months to "a better location." Since Bill is the wing safety guy... looks like he'll still be going in September, regardless, but for a shorter duration. I got off the phone with Bill's commander earlier and said,"Thank you, Lord." Then I started to laugh - I never thought I'd be so grateful for a 4 month deployment! It's half the time he'd have been gone, so that is good. We'll take it.

THANK YOU for all of the prayers, encouragement, and acts of kindness. We are so thankful for the support we have through our friends and family. We'll probably be hitting you up for more once Fall arrives and we are seeing him off. Till then... thanks.

6 comments:

Jane Anne said...

That is good news! I can read the relief in your words. I'll continue to pray for the possible upcoming separation in the Fall.

Rachel said...

I've been checking your blog off an on all day so it was good to hear the news. I am thankful it wasn't what you thought but still will be praying. Sounds like a good compromise. What a sigh of relief you'll be breathing next year a this time!!!!
Your attitude always amazes me... well not really since you've always been this way but you know what I mean. Its a testimoney to the peace we have in Christ.
Love you lots!

Melissa Guay said...

Praise the Lord - I will still be praying though!

Marian said...

Was thinking of you today...good to hear the possible shorter deployment and in a not so hot spot place news. Four months is definitely better than 6 months! And for some reason it becomes 6 months...that's still betther than 12 or 18 months . One of my neighbor's husband is getting deployed in the fall for 12 months! They have 2 kids.
Anyway, power of prayer....and faith...it's amazing.

See you tomorrow!!
M

Organized Chaos said...

I still hate a 120 for you...but I can relate. I'm always preparring myself for news of the next 120 by saying "as long as it isn't 6 months or a year!"

Funny how comparing it to something worse makes it seem more bearable...still stinks though.

Maybe you'll have to plan a roadtrip and swing through DC on your route!

Amy said...

So glad to hear that it is shorter than you thought! I will keep you in our prayers. You are always welcome here too! You can do a huge tour! :)