Friday, May 16, 2008

A Princess at 33!

In the midst of deployment chaos, I celebrated my 33rd birthday! Grant had the idea to get me a princess cake. Bill and the boys all went out together, and came home with a cake... and even dressed me like a princess! I had a beautiful plastic tiara, earrings, necklace, ring and a magic wand. It was great!
Bill put this together of the three kids holding signs that read, "Happy Birthday, Mom!" So cute. I was pretty impressed with his creativity! He knows I appreciate anything to do with pictures!
His card to me was pretty appropriate. We'd been stressed about the deployment news and not sleeping... He even bought me coffee and a new AF mug to go with it. I picked out a new watch a few weeks ago - my "real" gift! I'd been "timeless" for almost a year!
Mary made sure that my royal jewels were put to good use. She loves to dress up and thought this was the greatest!
It was a nice, relaxing b-day at home. I loved it! ... later on, we realized that Grant had a fever. That night, Ivan ended up with one as well. It's going around - last week, Mary had one for a few days too. I'm just glad it wasn't the night before - at least everyone was healthy for graduation!

2 comments:

Marian said...

And what a beautiful princess you make!!
We still have to go out for your birthday!!
I love the tiara! 33 is a great year!! Come to think of it, I got married at 33!

Kobies said...

Hey Kathy - it is fun to see pictures of you from the dress up night. I love the tiara.
I think I commented on a different post that Mary and Lucy had the same shirt, well I have the orange shirt that you were wearing too. Great minds shop alike, I guess.